Written by kbgray27 yesterday at 21:11
In March this year, Zen Studios shocked us a little by announcing that plans were in place to bring Pinball FX2 to the Xbox One, as a result of the ID@Xbox self-publishing initiative.
Zen Studios has confirmed today that the title will be released on July 31st, offering tables "running at 60 frames per second and in stunning 1080p". The game will be available to download for free, with individual tables priced between $2.49 and $2.99. Alternatively, table packs can be purchased for $9.99.
The developer/publisher did previously tease us as well by explaining that they would provide tables that are inspired by upcoming IPs. Zen Studios didn't commit to providing any specifics at that time, but the following screenshot makes it pretty clear that The Walking Dead will feature.
In addition to The Walking Dead, a decent selection of existing franchises will have playable demos to try before purchasing from launch day onwards:
• Star Wars Pinball: Heroes Within – Episode IV A New Hope, Han Solo, Droids, Masters of the Force
• Star Wars Pinball: Balance of the Force – Episode VI Return of the Jedi, Starfighter Assault, Darth Vader
• Star Wars Pinball Original pack – Episode V, Boba Fett, The Clone Wars
• Doctor Strange
• Zen Classics – Shaman, El Dorado, Tesla and V12
• Pinball FX2 Core pack – Biolab, Pasha, Rome, Secrets of the Deep
• Marvel Civil War
• Plants VS. Zombies
• Marvel Pinball pack – Spider-Man, Iron Man, Wolverine, and Blade
• Marvel Pinball Avengers Chronicles: World War Hulk, Infinity Gauntlet, The Avengers, and Fear Itself
• Marvel Pinball Vengeance and Virtue: Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, Thor, and X-Men
• Epic Quest
• Sorcerer’s Lair
• Captain America
• Fantastic Four
• Earth Defense
• ExcaliburAlthough Pinball FX2 will be released at the end of the month along with the launch day titles, there is no details on release dates for any new IP-inspired tables.
Sourced Via True achievements