Monday, 4 May 2015

Destiny's Destiny

I have been playing a lot of Destiny. (Not as much as die-hard Destiny fans but enough to say something about it I guess.) I was one of the guys who were so hyped to play this game after I have seen a presentation at a game conference. Pre-ordered for almost €100, Destiny was my one and only game I was playing when the beta was live and when finally on September 9 of 2014 the game was released, a great day as this is the day I was born 25 years ago.

But that didn't quite please me as much as I thought it would and there are reasons for this issue. Don't get me wrong, Destiny is a great game with lots of potential but here is the key word, potential. This video by GameSpot is a good example what Bungie could be doing better with there second installment of the game if a second game will come out:

https://youtu.be/vKAW8N28Cm0

They are listing reasons for Destiny 2 being a prequel to Destiny and this is only story-related. I have a couple reasons more why Destiny 2 should happen to bring me back to the franchise as I am burned out by the present game.

First, I really need the world to be bigger. There are only a few planets with so much missions that you can run through in a really short time. You level up pretty quickly and need to replay missions over and over and over again. "Replayability" is one thing, the other thing is repetition. This definitely falls into the latter category.

Second, please give me more exciting multiplayer modes and events. Maybe I talking bullshit right now because I haven't touched the game in a very long time now but one thing is for sure, as I already mentioned, I was completely burned out by the whole game due to its repetitive gameplay that I haven't found any joy in the multiplayer modes because they were all pretty much the same. It was either a Control map or more like team deathmatches all the time... Maybe though, I should give Destiny and its multiplayer another shot.

https://youtu.be/lNjLYFKsxCo

I don't know if it is necessary to list any more reasons why Destiny needs a new game and a better game in addition to that. I think there is a huge group of people who had different expectations and wanted more out of the game. Maybe I am overreacting as well but at the same time, I don't play it anymore either. That's enough of a message to me. It has lost its appeal and the DLCs, as I heard by other Destiny players, didn't really do much for them as well. So please Bungie, I really want to like Destiny as much as I liked it before, do that for me! Thanks... ugh.

JerriKoe - Game on!

No comments:

Post a Comment