Tuesday, 16 June 2015

E3 - Sony Press Conference: The Last Guardian

Which opening is better than to bring one of the most anticipated games for PlayStation, which let us waiting for now almost a decade? You got it - The Last Guardian, developed by Japan Studio, will finally be released on PlayStation 4 next year!

Sony's press conference started off with a collage of games playable on PlayStation consoles on a big, and when I say big I mean IMAX big, screen that surrounded the whole stage, clearly to get some hype in the crowd. And they did a great job with that, only to bring President and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment America, Shawn Layden, to the stage. Introducing the press conference with what PlayStation stands for, he quickly came to the first gameplay trailer for this year's conference. But watch for yourself:


That six minute gameplay video gave me the chills all over my body. It looks gorgeous and finally we saw some of the mechanics in action. But what I felt watching The Last Guardian for the first time was an emotional connection to the main character and his companion. Every step he took, every jump he made, every time he was calling his companion over to him, I felt the energy, much like in Brothers. This is a good sign I believe. The trailer ends with the number 2016, I have no problem with that to be honest with all the other games coming this year.

From one president to the other, Shuhei Yoshida expressed his feelings about the moment he finally can say this game will be coming to PS4. "I cannot be happier standing here today! You don't know how long I have waited for this moment to be introduced to The Last Guardian." Oh we know, Shu! Don't worry.

JerriKoe - Game on!

No comments:

Post a Comment