Monday, 15 June 2015

How did Microsoft do at E3

My Take on Xbox at E3 2015.

The talking is over, the videos have been watched and scrutinized and now the dust has settled. So, How did Microsoft do at this years E3. Did they deliver?

Well yes....and no.
First lets start by saying they came out the traps like a thoroughbred racehorse, Halo 5 grabbed you by the retinas and didn't let go, gorgeous. Then came an interesting game from the Metroid Prime studio, Recore, a small CGI that didn't give too much away.

The usual suspects showed up and looked as expected, Forza, gears 1, Tomb Raider, Fable Legends, all filling the Xbox one game schedule nicely.

One of the biggest cheers was for the backwards compatibility, now u can trade in your 360 confident in the knowledge that, by holiday this year the games u own will now work on the xbox one and without streaming.

Id@xbox is something that rarely gets me exited, UNTIL THAT IS I actually see some of the games coming to it, with Cuphead and Below my personal highlights.

Hololens continues to intrigue, with a wonderful look at Minecraft.

Plus it finished with a 5 minute first look at Gears 4, which looked like, well more gears actually. Which if u like the game is great, now of course not everything was great,

I still felt there was no big WOW, moment, we knew they were making gears, they had Halo coming. Plus hololens looked great but I am still scarred by how kinect 1 turned out.

If I could change 1 thing it would be what Sony r the masters of at E3. The, One last thing moment. At the end of their conference, they will say before we go, here's one last thing and show Uncharted or The Last of Us. I still think Microsoft needs a game like Uncharted, their own adventure IP.

But apart from some minor issues of pacing and no huge WoW moment, it was still a solid show from Microsoft.
Your move Sony.

Written by ScottyJim (G2G)

1 comment:

  1. I agree, I also thought they showed Halo too early instaead of at the end, once it was shown at the beginning I assumed something HUGE was coming, but it never.

    ReplyDelete