Sunday, 4 October 2015

Gaming with Xbox_Addict

Today where there to talk Matt, who many of you know him as Xbox_Addict. We sent him a few questions to find out more about his life and being the gamer he is today.



G2G: Tell us a little bit about yourself to start off with.

My name is Matt and I'm 30 years old. My wife and I just celebrated our 9 year wedding anniversary. I have 3 kids twin 6 month olds, one is a boy, one is a girl and a 3 year old. I joined the Marines at 18 but was injured and medically retired at 19.

G2G: What are your earliest gaming memories?.

My earliest game memories is Duck Hunt and Burger Time. My parents got us an NES for Christmas and they ended up staying in their pajamas playing it for 3 days lol.


G2G: What makes you the gamer you are today?. 

The N64. I was just amazed by it an absolutely enthralled with every game. Goldeneye was obviously a favorite but Mario Golf and Mario Tennis (Odd choices I know) were some of my personal favorites.

G2G: "You are clearly not an Xbox fan exclusively as you have a nice Nintendo collection in your game room. How can you keep up with all the games being a big fan of both consoles?"

I only ever collected N64 and a couple of my favorite SNES games. I actually haven't really played Nintendo since the GameCube. I owned a Wii and Wii U but like most people mine only collected dust.

G2G: "What keeps you so addicted to buying/collecting all the special edition consoles and controllers?

I have no idea if I'm honest. I just think the hardware is beautiful. Controllers especially catch my eye.


G2G: When did you become a collector?"

About 5 years ago I had the thought "It would be cool to own every color N64" and here we are lol

G2G: What are your favourite franchises on Xbox?

Halo, Forza, and Fable. All since the 1st

G2G: Are there any features you'd like to see on Xbox One that aren't currently on the system?

With BC and the November dashboard update I can't think of anything.

G2G: How did you get noticed within the gaming industry?.

I just started posting my collection on Twitter one day. I was trying to meet other Xbox collectors or at least keep an eye on some of those Twitter give aways to make an offer the winners. @PNF4LYFE noticed my pics and got Xboxs attention and it's kind of just grown from there.


G2G: How did you get sponsored?

I only have affiliates and I really just do that for things I like. I like to promote and share the things I enjoy.

G2G: Who's you're favourite gaming character, game and why?.

Character is realllllly hard! I'm gonna go with Mario. He has been with me from the beginning ya know? Favorite game is once again a horrible decision but I'm going with Super Mario 64. It was the first game I truly fell in love with and I still like to go back to it today.

Thanks so much for the questions and I appreciate the interest in my collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment