Version 3.50, codename MUSASHI, is soon to come to your PlayStation 4 consoles. The beta starts tomorrow for which you had to sign up a few weeks ago. If you are one of the lucky ones, you can test the new features that seem to be really, really nice this time around. Nothing too big but see for yourself in the list below. My most surprising pick in this update must be the Remote Play feature that will work on Windows PC and Mac.
New Social Features
- Friend Online Notification – Want to know the moment your friends come online? With this update, you can, as we’ve added an option to be notified when members of your friends list sign on the network.
- Appear Offline – Sometimes you want to play a game or watch a movie without being bothered by friends. Now it’s easier to go incognito as we’ve added the option to appear offline. You can designate if you would like to appear offline when you log-in or at any time from your Profile or the Quick Menu.
- User Scheduled Event – Time for a play date! We’ve added the ability to schedule a future gameplay session with your friends on the system. When your event starts, users who registered for the event will automatically be added to a party so you can start playing right away.
- Play Together – This features allows all members of a Party to see what each person is playing so that you can easily join a friend’s game, or start a new game together.
Other New System Features
- Remote Play (PC/Mac) – We’re bringing PS4 Remote Play to Windows PC and Mac. This feature won’t be available to test in the beta, but you can look forward to it soon.
- Dailymotion – With this update, you’ll be able to live stream directly to Dailymotion on PS4. We’ll also support archiving live broadcasts, like we do for other streaming services.
We will keep you up-to-date when we know more, like MUSASHI's release date and more.
JerriKoe - Game on!
[Source: PS Blog US]